Thursday, June 11, 2009

Girls Camp!

Sorry I'm a little late!
Okay so on Saturday I couldn't get ANY sleep so I was already basically awake when the alarm went off. At about 6:45 my mom took me to the stake center and we met up with our ward. My friends and I were so excited! We couldn't keep still! When the bus got there we were giggling and squealing our heads off! The buses were like airplanes on wheels! It had tv's and a bathroom and the seats could lean back! I sat next to my friend Raechel and we watched Enchanted on the way there. When we got there we were super excited! We got to our cabin and we decorated it with orange stuff (for Choice and Accountability) and ate our lubches. Our cabin looked so good, we even had white lights for the night time! Then we did certification and crafts. After that, we had welcoming stuff, dinner and then some great talks about returning to Virtue. We stayed up really late that night and told scary stories. The next day was Sunday and we had church in the trees in this cool chapel type thing. Then we had young womens (where we split into Beehives, Miamaids (or however you spell that) and Laurels). After that we had Solo Time where the leaders gave us the letters from our parents, and we found a quiet place and read our scriptures and stuff like that. Then we had talks and then singing trees which was fun! We stayed up late that night too! On Monday we had our hike which was pretty much awesome but exhausting and blister-causing too. We did all that fun Girls Camp stuff- you know giggle, do chores, giggle a lot, head to the creek- after that we had skit night. Our ward was first and we did awesome! (It was Johny Lingo and I forgot to mention we scared tons of wards with him every night.) The next day was our last full day and it was Bishop's game day. We had the first counselor Brother Ellis come in because our bishop couldn't come. We played tons of games and it was so much fun! I fell in the mud in the last game though and I had to go get changed. We had awards after that and our ward got "Silliest Ward" because we were fun and jumpy and silly! Then we watched the slide show whch was awesome and then we had ward testimony night. After that, our leaders gave us the little paper plate awards they had made for everyone in our ward. I got the "Stephenie Meyer" award because I told so many stories every night! Then we went snipe hunting with our YCL's and that's always a good time. But hey at least they just pretended they had one and threw a rock instead of leaving us in the woods! The next day we had breakfast and we watched Finding Nemo on the way home. I loved Girls Camp it was awesome!

4 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Glad you had such a great time. I loved girls camp when I was younger.

Alisha said...

Girls Camp was a blast! Wish we wered in the same ward!

Kayla

Staceygirl said...

You got to go on a nice bus? I had to go in a junked out Suburban... kids these days are so spoiled!!

Sounds really, really fun. I wish I could go!

I guess they weren't too rough on the first years, huh?

:)

Sam said...

flip flop mama-maybe you can talk your ward into letting you go with them
kayla- i wish we were too!
Staceygirl-Haha we are pretty spoiled! You should ask your ward if you could go too! and no, they were not to hard on us!