Monday, May 4, 2009

My Birthday!

MmMmMmM..........I woke up this morning and lay in my dark room for a while until I realized it was my birthday. I was officially 12. Wow. I thought, this is great. Young womens, make up, doing my own laundry :-/, and all sorts of new stuff! I lay there thinking when I hear someone messing with my lock (it's a habit of mine to lock my door). I'm too tired to get up and unlock it, or even to ask who it is so I lay there until they finally get it unlocked. It turns out it was my sister Erin. She's singing "Happy Birthday" and holding a tray of food. I sit up bleary-eyed and she places it on my lap. "Thanks!" I say and she points out the magazines she got me (which I asked for) and she gives my the bottle of Dr. Pepper I never get. Wow. I am so thankful for you Erin! She leaves me to eat and I examin what is on my tray. Angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries! Chocolate-chip cookies! Dr. Pepper! If only every day could start this way. I sit there reading my magazines and eating until my mom tells me I should probably get up for school. (I could have skipped but I didn't want to, you'll see why later!) I got up and my family has already started singing happy birthday! My mom gives me one of her and my dad's amazing presents; an antique ring with some gold in it! It is so adorable and I put it on immediately! When it was time to go to school my mom drove us instead of us having to walk. When I get to school, I walk towards the library and run into my friend McCall, she remembers my birthday! We talk until I tell her I have to go to the library so that no one says the annoncements besides me on my birthday. I walk into the library and no ones there yet so I get the spot. I walk into my old teachers room and she says happy birthday and we talked until my friend Miranda comes in. Miranda doesn't remember but she is very enthusiastic when she finds out. We talk, Taylor comes and finds out blah blah blah. Then Alexis walks in with a balloon that says "Happy Birthday!" on it and a cute pink crown. It was so nice! I'll skip through 1-3 periods until I get to lunch. My friends started a screaming song of "Happy Birthday" so the whole cafateria can hear! I was embarrassed but it was fun! Then in 7th period (last period) Alexis gets another song started up! I got home and my family was all over me! I got an adorable dragon fly necklace from my grandma, $25 dollars from Papa and Grandma, a board game and a cool wii game (for me and Erin) from Aunt Stacey and Uncle Russ, and a funny video from Aunt Jamie and Uncle Spencer! We had potato soup for dinner (my request) and vanilla cake with strawberry frosting and cookie dough ice cream for dessert! Breanna just stopped by with lots of nice bath stuff, cookies and an adorable card! Thanks everyone! I had an amazing birthday!

4 comments:

Kristen J said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. I can't believe you are 12!

flip flop mama said...

Glad you had a good birthday!

Sam said...

I'm glad I had a good birthday too abd I can't believe it either!

Staceygirl said...

That sounds like the best 12th birthday I've ever heard of. I spent mine crying because I didn't want to get older and die... I'm glad you had more fun than me. Haha.